Back in 1955, our dad, Sam Lioon, founded Douglas Laboratories on a simple promise: provide
the highest quality nutritional supplements available with the highest level of personal
service--anywhere. And with that promise began a legacy of leadership and a never-ending quest
to exceed our customers’ expectations to Raise the Standard for Nutrition and Wellness.
Today that legacy lives on as Douglas Laboratories proudly joins the Atrium Biotechnologies group
of companies. Atrium Biotechnologies is an international company and global leader in the
development, manufacturing, and marketing of dietary supplements, specialty fine chemicals, and
active cosmetic ingredients. To learn more about Atrium Biotechnologies visit their website at
Douglas Laboratories is supported by more than 300 Douglas Laboratories employees all
dedicated to keeping the promise Sam made 50 years ago. Raising the Standard is more
than a slogan - it’s a promise. As we enter our second half-century, Douglas Laboratories
will continue to keep our promise to Raise the Standard with a custom approach to your
nutrition and wellness. The industry’s largest and most
innovative product line. And we’ll back up our promise with the kind of stringent criteria
many other companies overlook, such as:
- (cGMPs) current good manufacturing practices.
- ISO 9001 Certification and ISO 17025 Accreditation of our laboratories.
- The industry’s first fully electronic, bar code driven, paperless manufacturing system to
pass the FDA’s rigorous audit. Our exclusive Veri-Match labeling system, ensures verification
prior to production and release of your products.
- (SOPs) standard operating procedures.
- VCP (Vendor Certification Program) ensures raw material safety and quality.
- Experienced, on-staff Ph.D’s, utilizing three full-service laboratories, outfitted with the latest analytical equipment.
- State-of-the-art manufacturing, including ultra high-speed encapsulating machines, capable of producing over 35 million capsules and tablets daily!
- Full compliance with the Public Health Security and Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002, assuring safety and uninterrupted flow of all raw materials.
Our in-house laboratories, under the supervision of our staff Ph.D.s,
constantly monitor quality. From raw materials entering our facility
through testing dosage potency and tablet/capsule disintegration, our
in-house labs ensure product quality and consistency.
- Chemical Analysis Laboratory - ensuring potency of formula
components using ICP, GF/AA, HPLC, and FT-NIR
- Physical Analysis Laboratory - ensuring dosage weight, hardness,
disintegration, and overall consistency and appearance
- Microbiology Laboratory - testing all raw materials and products
for yeast, mold, and bacterial purity in accordance with USP28
- Manufacturing Quality - Dr. Naeem Shaikh has been with
Douglas Laboratories for nearly two decades and leads the
Research & Development and Quality Departments. Dr. Shaikh
earned his Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics from Duquesne University and
additional degrees in Pharmacy from Duquesne and the University
of Karachi in Pakistan. As the author of ten published papers
covering topics from dietary supplements to controlled-release
drug delivery systems, Dr. Shaikh has expertise in all facets of
manufacturing and quality control at Douglas Laboratories.
- Formulating/New Product Development - Dr. Andrew Halpner
received his Ph.D. in Nutrition from the Friedman School of
Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University. His extensive
research and interests focus around antioxidant nutrients, including
their interactions and abilities to prevent and treat age-related
degenerative illnesses. Dr. Halpner has lectured nationally and
internationally on various topics pertaining to nutrition and has
authored numerous articles. Dr. Halpner is currently the Director
of Product Development and Technical Services for Douglas
Laboratories and also serves as the Chief Editor for
|Douglas Laboratories continues to lead the way with
clinical trials designed to validate the efficacy of our products. Our world-renowned
Ultra-Preventive® X (Ten) was rated the #1 multivitamin in the professional healthcare market,
and our Vita-Big-Kids was rated the #1 children’s multivitamin overall by the independent
Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements. Our commitment to help support patient outcomes
We’re proud of the many long-standing relationships we’ve enjoyed with
so many customers over the years, and the many great friendships we’ve made along the
way. It’s not an exaggeration to say that we truly enjoy what we do, enjoy coming to work
each and every day.
[Douglas Labs Product List]